Saturday 5 March 2011

Let's get shabby in Denim and lace



The photo was taken at the Colluseum in Rome outside the gate through which the people would come to fight the galdiators or lions etc. I told Erica to look serious.She loves wearing denim so this is a typical example of that.

I made a flower from an offcut of stretch denim and cotton lace then sewed it to a kaisercraft Doilie.The other laces forming the borders were sewn on using my sewing machine.I had fun with the layering on this...both paper and fabric.

8 comments:

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous LO :)

the bodice ripper said...

urrrr.... Horrible photo. I don't think thats me looking serious so much as you taking the photo when i'm not ready

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Beautiful layout!

Julie said...

Great flower. Thanks f or playing with us at shabby.

Gayle Price said...

Pretty page,beautiful flower. Thanks for playing at Lets Get Shabby.

zandra said...

So pretty, great take on the challenge.
Hugz, Z

Angela Weimer said...

Great layout. Thanks for sharing. Angela

mandysea said...

love your denim flower!! well done!
thanks for playing with Shabby!