Thursday 21 February 2013

Counterfeit kit scarf challenge.

First here is my favourite scarf.I photographed it on my gold blanket so the colours stand out.
It is silk hand dyed in stripes with a brown marbling overlay.I didn't iron it cause I love the crinkled look of it.
For my layout I first gathered up scraps of papers in colours featured in the scarf.Mainly pinks and greens with a touch of dark aqua/turquoise.
The background paper was lime green/pink floral.(see on the right of this picture).
I arranged these scraps in layers to form an overlapping mat for the photo of a waratah.
After taping & stapling them in place,I put my title across and outlined in black.

Then I found a branch shaped chippy and misted over it on the layout in 2 different places . I then adhered the same branch to the layout.
The end result,to me,looks like the scarf.
 I hope you like this,it is a bit experimental!

3 comments:

glorygirl said...

Your layout is a perfect reflection of your scarf! Great choice! Love all the bright colors!

Susan Hogan said...

Love it and the colours reflect the beautifully with your scarf. Wonderful layout.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

WOW! This turned out beautifully! What a gorgeous mix of colors-- just like your scarf! Well done!