Monday 13 May 2013

Orange Paperie monochromatic

Yellow and gold are always uplifting.
When I’m having a bad day, I try to think about the sun rising the next morning, knowing that tomorrow will be a whole new day, and who knows what will happen then?
I've chosen to go with this idea for Orange Paperie where they wanted monotone and negative space. I've left enough of that on this layout.
Here's a close up of the Memory Maze doiley, which I have painted yellow then stitched rays coming from it to represent the sun.

This was my starting point. I matted this old photo of the sun above clouds taken in 1959 by Dad on his first big trip overseas. I've used shimmer cardstock for extra glow. Then I added twine and gold washi tape.
I had a rubon that said sunshine so used it as the start of my title. I inked the lettering on 'brings".
The words, perfect and hope were stickers. Finally, my journaling block is colour toned.

9 comments:

Annette Edmonds said...

lovely page Julene thanks for joing in with us again this month

Dolly B said...

Love the stitching coming from the doily to depict the suns rays.
Thanks Julene for joining us at Orange Paperie
Mary

Jo said...

Great take on the challenge! I love that old photo and the yellow is so appropriate. Thanks for playing :)

Kim Ewins said...

Great take on the challenge, Julene. Love your photo and as Mary said the stitched rays of your sun look great.
Thanks for joining us at OP&C
:)

Angela Toucan said...

lovely idea to scrap that old photo

Cheryl said...

Love what you have done with the doily Julene, this is a very striking page.
Thanks for joining in.

MiliPea Designs said...

Lovely take on the monochromatic challenge. I really like what you did with the sun.

Helen Wallace said...

Oh wow Julene, such an unusual take on the challenge. Very clever....:)

glorygirl said...

This layout is so visually pleasing. The colors all work so well. LOVE this one so much!