Tuesday 9 July 2013

A Mixed media color challenge

 
When cruising the websites I found via Gayle Price this new Challenge site.

 

Below is the colour ideas to work from, focussing on yellow, pink and peach.
You must also use a minimum of 2 media techniques.

Here's my efforts

I started by using gesso mixed with pink paint to do the clock faces on the background.
Here's the close up..it is fairly lumpy bumpy.
I then added ink behind where the title goes, in yellow.
There is stamping from Madame Boutique by Kaisercraft and in one instance I've overlayed a fussy cut lady for more depth.
I've also inked the chipboard corner in orange and partial clock in yellow.
Embellishments added are ribbons,washi tape, vintage lace, enamel dots from My Minds Eye and a cut out Graphic 45 butterfly.
My cousin Pat and I were shopping in a soap shop and the shopkeeper told us to "just browse". Hence the title.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! That gesso looks absolutely delicious!
xoxo

MiliPea Designs said...

Looks great, Julene. And thanks for the new challenge site! I'm off to check it out!

LCSmithSAVED said...

ooooo...this page looks as good as that shop must have smelled! Love the dimension of the gesso & your vintage lady is fab :~)

petrii said...

This is just beautiful, Julene. I love the gesso. This is just wonderful!

Blessings ~~ dawn

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful layout! Love the beautiful textured background! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Lesley G said...

Looks like you had so much fun playing :)