Thursday 18 July 2013

Scrapfriends Sketch challenge

and here is mine
Another challenge site was asking where is your favourite place in the world or where would you go if you could go anywhere. I decided to do Venice and after looking at my photos decided to do this challenge instead. I love the place!!!!!

I started by misting over a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Kraft page. I've used Candy apple (red) and Sugar Maple ( bronze).This ensures the embossing comes to the fore.

The following step is hard to see..... I inked in black through a Prima dot mask on bottom right and top left just above the photos.

Next I matted my 3 photos using Kaisercraft's "Madame Boutique" range. It also is the 2 journaling blocks and the top and bottom strips.

The pennant was from another project as an offcut. Near it is a simple stories "I (heart) summer sticker that reminded me of the poles they tie the gondolas up to.

The 3 Memory Maze chipboard masks are inked first, then drizzled with liquid pearls.
Over the top of 2, I've used bronze liquid pearl dots to look like studs.I also used that on the pennant to look like brads.
On the 3rd I've used Kaisercraft rhinestones.

The top mask has a feather with gold glitter tip tied with antique lace to the stick of the mask.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

What a fun page!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, yeah, you've done such a great job on the sketch...& those chip masks looks fabbo....I'm with you on Venice as a destination, too.....I took a photo of the masks, too!!! Was going to use it the other day, but then didn't!!!!!!! Oh, & thanks so much for sharing this with us at Scrap Friends:):):)

Jasmine S said...

Those masks look wonderful. Great page and great memory.