Saturday 20 July 2013

Scrapping Outback July challenge

The Pieta (1498–1499) is a masterpiece of Rennaisance by Michelangelo Buonarroti, housed in St Peter's Basillica in Vatican city.

Though I am not a Roman Catholic, nor intensely religious, I have to say there is something about this statue that stirs the emotions. It made me cry. It has beauty like no other statue I saw around Europe.
Michelangelo certainly knew his stuff.

 To scrapbook it, I needed something special.
First, I matted it on beige vellum. Under that I have placed parchment then finally, a marble toned paper from Hot Off The Press. That was all mounted on cocoa coloured cardstock.
I've used 2 vintage look washi tapes,even the cameras worry me, but it was popular with photographers so I can justify that. I've used a Kaisercraft Christmas tag as my journaling card.

6 comments:

Tina Connolly said...

A lovely way to showcase this beautiful artwork, the colours compliment it perfectly. Thanks for joing the Scrapping Outback challenge.

Sandrine Dawes said...

Beautiful photo and layout, love the camera washi tape, ties all the colours together if you ask me.
Thanks for joining in at Scrapping Outback!

The Scrapping Outback team. said...

Well done on completing this months Scrapping Outback challenge - I love the simplistic approach which shows off the photo perfectly - thank you for taking part :)

Jules said...

Wow what a Gorgeous photo you have showcased it lovely with a LO that is truly about the photo.Love the camera washi tape,I can only imagine how many times this statue has been photographed so it really helps tell the story.Thanks so much for joining us over at Scrapping Outback this month.

heirloomscrapping said...

Fabulous photo and the colour challenge has worked so well to show case it Thank you for playing along at Scrapping Outback

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

beautifully presented Julene, well deserved win for your creativity ;)