Tuesday 2 July 2013

Stuck sketches July #1

I'm getting in early with this STUCK?! sketch this month as I was keen to begin on my Counterfeit Kit. I've also used a Memory Maze chipboard sewing machine so I'm ticking a couple of Design Team boxes at once.
The layout is a tribute to Mum.
She spent her life sewing everything. I've used Ruby Rockit "Nostalgia" paper which had the yellow flowers on one side and cotton reels on the other.I cut out the cotton reels and interspersed them with buttons. The biggest button I overlapped on the photo.
The chipboard sewing machine was inked with orange then embossed.
The button card became my journaling block and I used tape measure washi tape.
I also did some hand stitching on the matting paper and used 2 chippy slide frames as embellishments. This is fitting, as the photo is from Dad's old slides.
I flipped the sketch so left is right and vice versa.


5 comments:

Lesley G said...

And a stunning tribute it is too :)

Unknown said...

What a great page. Already using up your kit..I wish I could get a couple more pages going. And it is a great tribute!

MiliPea Designs said...

This is a truly beautiful page, Julene. So touching and what a great tribute and treasure to have.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Clapping my hands - isn't this lovely? a perfectly themed page with a light touch :~)

Stephanie said...

I love this page! The sketch is great and I really like your take on it. A beautiful tribute to your mum :)