Saturday 25 January 2014

A deep & meaningful layout for Challenge Yourself.

After seeing a one word challenge on http://scrap-challenge-yourself.blogspot.com.au/ I decided to give it a go.
The word I have used for 2014 is Heal.

I lost my Mum in August 2012, and since then have undertaken the mammoth task of clearing 60 years worth of stuff, in preparation to sell the family house.
There has been everything from antique jewellery to broken bricks.
Many decisions have needed to be made and it has been an emotional rollercoaster.

Add into the mix, dealing with serious health issues..my Rheumatoid arthritis, a Breast cancer scare, high blood pressure(still erratic), skin lesions requiring minor surgery etc etc.

It culminated in me sobbing on the floor last Friday night from sheer exhaustion.
The cracks were starting to form.
Luckily, I have several good friends,2 in particular who have listened when I just needed to talk.

I chose this Kaiser paper because it sums up how I've been feeling.

 My daughter gave me a 6x6 pad of papers plus card embellishments for Christmas.
I've used some on this layout as a contrast to the background. They represent where I'd like to be.

Now here is the layout
The other word which appears in large letters is boost.
I'm needing boosting up too.(Healing)
There are many positive words on here, plus bright sunshine.
Hope you like it.
It was a soul searching layout.
 

13 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. My 82 year old mom fell and broke her hip just before Christmas. It has been a roller coaster ride since then. I have come to grips that she may not make it through this. My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you, too. I love the OLW that you picked and your layout is beautiful. Scrapping can be wonderful therapy. Thank you so much for entering our challenge here at Challenge YOUrself!

Tracy P said...

My heart breaks for you. Loss and pain is hard to deal with, stay strong! Love your word and what a great photo. Nice job on your layout, great design. Thanks for joining in at Challenge Yourself!

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing your story Julene! I hope your OLW will give you the strength you need to pull through these hard times and remember to take care of YOU!
Love the positive energy coming from your layout and the colors you chose were perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Lesley G said...

Be kind to yourself, take time for you, sit back and enjoy life - things will heal :)

Jimjams said...

Oh Julene - you've had a LOT on your plate! All the best for 2014 and hoping the making of that great page will have been cathartic!

Tina Campbell said...

Wonderful layout and take care of yourself too

Kerry said...

Such a difficult subject to scrap about and I hope it has lifted some of your stress and anxiety for you to be able to see 2014 in a positive light! Well done with creating a wonderful, bright and inspiring page and thank you for sharing it with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

Cindy said...

Julenne you are so brave to share all your pains with us, and that sure is going to help you to heal, and I,m glad that scrapbooking is a way to make you feel better. I hope that 2014 brings you health and emotion realease. Thanks for sharing with us here at Challenge YOUrself

MiliPea Designs said...

This is a wonderful layout, Julene. I hope your OLW will help you this year and bring you peace as well. Luckily I still have my mother with me. But I dread the day when I have to face what you are going through. Love the burst of yellow!

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful layout! So bright and cheery. I know it's such an overwhelming process and is tackled one day at a time, keeping you in my prayers.

Terhi Koskinen said...

Wow, that gorgeous background jumped right to my eyes! Very nice work!
And obviously great word.
I hope everything good to yours and your family's life <3
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself :)

Unknown said...

Wow. This layout really packs a punch. I am so glad you have a good support system to help you through all that you are dealing with. It's overwhelming just reading it - I can't imagine forging through it. Beautiful layout and wonderful word. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

Unknown said...

You have been through a lot, so your OLW fits perfectly. Take time for yourself to...

Thanks for sharing it with us at Challenge Yourself.