Saturday 18 January 2014

Sketchabilities #107 -Patty Pan dress

Around August 2012 I saw this dress on a card site and copied the picture.
It was Unstampabelles and Merry was the creator.
She in turn found this on another site http://stampinonthecamasprairie.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/playing-dress-up.html where the original paper dress looks like this


 I had chipboard corsets from MEMORY MAZE. I first inked one with black.
Then I've used 2 coats of embossing to get the black shiny corset.
Next, I've folded the patty pans as the frills on the dress.A thin red ribbon has been tied around the waist.
Next I found this photo of my daughter and boyfriend taken about 5 years ago. She is wearing a similar frilly skirt and corset.I've mounted it on black floral paper then used adhesive doileys to match the pattern on the bottom right corner.There is some layering there to balance the skirt.

Sketchabilities had this sketch
It resembles what I've done, minus the skirt.
I'm entering it in their page.
 

and here's a close up of my skirt

5 comments:

Giorgia Rossini said...

this is too funny! thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities Julene!

Tina Campbell said...

Cool dress and it looks great on the layout :)

Hera said...

Beautiful project!!! Thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities!!!

cinmfoster said...

Really great idea and it's perfect for your layout

Unknown said...

Cool layout! Love the dress! Thanks for playing along w/sketch #107 at sketchabilities!