Friday 6 March 2015

A war typewriter and a giant sticker.

In my March Counterfeit kit I had a group of stickers, including a giant one of a typewriter.
I decided to use it on this layout. This is my OWN CHALLENGE.

Putting it in the bottom left corner meant I could use a smaller sheet to resemble paper in the roller.
I should have used lined paper.
I placed the smaller photo at the top of the paper in the roller and used washi tape to emphasise the rolling through effect.
I journalled under this photo as it is my "story".
I added a Teresa Collins wooden piece saying documented.
So far so good...........

My original intention was to use cogs or chipboard but nothing I had suited.
I added the large photo overlapping the handle from the typewriter.
My title came next followed by the arm pointing, cut from another patterned paper.
I then recycled a matchbook cover showing a map of Australia and the flag.
I found another wooden shape of a star and added it to the corner to reflect those on our flag.


5 comments:

Susan said...

Such a creative idea Julene! I was drawn to the typewriter when I first saw your kit and was wondering how you would use it. It's perfect match for your photos. And the "documented" wood veneer is a great accent for it too.

Janine Rachau said...

Clever use of the typewriter sticker. Love the way you journaled with the "documented" piece to leave the authentic seal of completion :) I also think I spy a clever use of some "3"s. There never are enough "E"s in an alphabet!

Tina Campbell said...

Very creative layout Julene :) I love the emphasis that it's your own challenge and you did fantastic with it :)

Virginia said...

Fab layout - love all the detail!

Lisa said...

so creative. that typewriter sticker is a real eye-catcher!