Tuesday 10 March 2015

Frosted Designs

 
These 2 papers are in my Counterfeit Kit.
They are from Bella's COOK range.
I searched high and low for a layout using that patchwork & couldn't find any, so I've decided to use the B side.(Much better combo.)

On Frosted designs we are asked to use homemade flowers and recycled materials.
I've had some old family postcards so decided to use one.
On the back it looks like this. I think it says Phoebe.
 
Here's my layout taken on a slight angle. It is straight IRL.
and some close ups
 
The embroidered lace flower was made from a bra that broke.
The fabric flower with pink button was a dress of my mother's. The 2 laces are scraps
The hydrangeas are from a display at the store where my daughter works. I pulled them apart & glued separate blossoms on.
This lace flower was a lace overlay on a top I bought at the op shop.
The cameo butterfly is "Tattered inspirations", originally a pendant.

Finally after taking all these photos I added a subdued title. The flower & leaf near the title are recycled from a card I was sent.

8 comments:

Janine Rachau said...

Such a pretty page! You are so resourceful,...bras, scraps and display bits....Beautiful homemade flowers. I love the color combo too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

Trish said...

What a gorgeous photo to scrap,gorgeous elements Julene

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is lovely! Your flowers are fantastic and I love the materials you have used to create them! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout!! I love the vintage photo with the delicate embellishments!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

Byrd Street Studio said...

This layout is stunning. The vintage photo and homemade flowers in a color scheme that really captures the vintage look.Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs. Tommy Jo DT

sassyscrapper said...

What a stunning vintage layout. The black against the pink is so dramatic! Go Julene!

Virginia said...

Oh my that is an amazing layout!