Sunday 8 March 2015

Let's get Arty and Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1.

 

Using Chip it I have been given this colour palette.

Over at Let's get Arty we are asked to use at least 4 of these colours on our work.
Aged wine(backing paper)
Extra white(leaves, button & flair)
Red bay(flowers)
First star(metallic elements)
Tricorn back (ribbon flower and title).

My border also qualifies this for Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 To create an interesting border.
I tipped out my "bitza-shitza" jar and used random metal bits on my mesh to create a metallic border.

Here's a close up of that border.

11 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a cool border! Well done on the challenges and one interesting layout

Deb said...

That's a fabulous colour palette you've worked with. Your page looks wonderful. I love the border you have created with "bits".......very creative. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.

Chidkid said...

What a great idea to create a border out of all those bits and pieces.. I may steal that one! Lovely LO

Virginia said...

Fabulous layout love the colour of the layout and the border is beautiful!

sassyscrapper said...

Your silver border is a great nod to the metal featured. Nice work!

OriBella said...

Very interesting work.I really like these metal additives:) Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.

Jimjams said...

Weirdly wonderful page!

JansArtyJunk said...


wow this is sooooo cool !!....you did a wonderful job with your colour palette! Love the metal elements...Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Arty :)

Janine Rachau said...

Oh, I love the concept to this challenge! What a great idea to get motivated for my paintables papers!

You captured the colors wonderfully and your creative border is terrific and so fitting for the photograph!

mandysea said...

Oooh! This is so creative Julene!! I love the actual photo... and your little paper piecing dog is amazing!! Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Arty!

Ludkasz said...


Very interesting work:)Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.