Monday 2 March 2015

Scrapping outback colour challenge

At http://scrapping-outback.blogspot.com.au/ you will find this photo.


and the challenge is to use all the colours in the photo plus at least one piece of chipboard.

I started by misting 3 Bazzil chips with "sugar maple". They remind me of those biscuits on top of the drinks.
I've used a Jennifer Grace Happy Scatter card which I misted part of with turquoise. This will be my title and journaling card.
My background paper is Kaisercraft .
Next I found 2 6x6 papers ,one white with orange & blue accounting details and the other a metallic bronze colour to echo the table in the picture.
I've used cork Geotags from Studio Calico plus resin spots scattered that match the milky drink.
Finally, I noticed green leaves in the background so I have added a teacup sticker plus the sign saying "this way" which both feature green.
My photo contains some of the colours from the theme as well.

9 comments:

The Scrapping Outback team. said...

Great layout Julene - love the "Cookies" :)
Thank you for entering our challenge over at Scrapping outback this month :)

Virginia said...

Oh that's a fab layout and that's the paper that I initially put back as I wondered if it would be too muted - but it isn't it is fab with this kit isn't it - thank you for the inspiration!

Janine Rachau said...

I love that paper and the wonderful photograph! Cute bear. I, also, love the design with the star above "carefree" -- it exemplifies the mood perfectly. Your smile is really nice,...contagious, actually as it made me smile this morning!

Sharon said...

Lovely layout.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow cool layout and well done with picking out the colors for that challenge :)

Margie said...

Gorgeous inspiration leads to a lovely layout! Great job!

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

Very creative scrapping Julene - once again you have scrapped 'outside the square' and I just love the cookies too. Looks like a great time in Alaska with beautiful memories to keep. Fabulous LO - thanks so much for taking the time, again, to enter the 'white with a twist' challenge at Scrapping Outback http://www.scrapping-outback.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/march-15-white-with-twist-challenge.html.

sassyscrapper said...

Great use of natural tones with the hot air balloon paper. Matches up well with your buddy the Brown Bear!

Unknown said...

Lovely layout Julene. Thank you so much for playing with us this month :)