Wednesday 11 March 2015

Show us your stuff

In my Counterfeit Kit I had some muslin which I've been wanting to use.
I found this flower on pinterest.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/133700682659826231/

The thing about muslin is that it doesn't have to be perfect. (suits me!)
I cut a petal flower first as my bottom layer, then decided to just do circles.
My top layer I folded under, but it popped out.
The ribbons behind it were short lengths and match the sweets bag perfectly.

My layout's photo is my daughter and I trying to be funny by hiding our double chins.
My cousin said put your heads up & the two chins won't show. We made her stand on a fence to take the photo. Giggles all round!

The MME sunshine tag, you are silly & say cheese strip add to the mood.

I'm entering this on Show us your stuff.


and a close up of the flower

Journalling will go on the you & me tag.

12 comments:

Trish said...

Great take on the challenge Julene

Tracey said...

Great layout.....love the text and I really like your flower. Great idea using the muslin.

Chloe said...

The flower is so pretty with the silver ribbon! Totally loving the curved word SMILES in your title :) :)
Thanks for playing along at SUYS!

Virginia said...

Ah that's a seriously happy photo! Lovely layout!

Janine Rachau said...

How fun! I love how you curved "smiles". Pretty flower.

Lisette said...

Great layout Julene. Looks like you were having so much fun. thanks for playing at SUYS

Sue Plumb said...

Julene, this layout made me smile! (My sister & I do the "heads up" thing when we have our pic taken!) Loving your handmade muslin flower too, the contrast of texture looks great against that ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS! X

Sandra said...

I love how you've used the quote,and curved the words. Very nice handmade muslin flower. Thanks for joining us at D-lish Scraps.

Leanne J said...

fantastic take on the challenge Julene..
thank you for playing along at show us your stuff..xo

Alison said...

Hehe, love the story behind this LO, perfect for the quote. Clever you making the muslin flower. I need to try that! So glad you joined us at SUYS.

Amanda said...

Yay! Love seeing perfect handmade things like your flower! Thanks for joining in at SUYS.

Kylie said...

great take Julene thanks for playing along!