Wednesday 1 April 2015

April Counterfeit Kit-Purely Coincidental.

APRIL arrives, the weather is cooling down and here is the kit we are asked to counterfeit

The Messy Box is here!
 .






My interpretation of this is quite different to the original.


I started with black and white
Sorting through I've found 8 patterned papers (3 have spots, one has stripes).
Next I've added music-I have quite a supply of that.
Doileys in black and white in 3 sizes.

Instead of gold, I'm using silver as I have silver doileys, vellum, 6x6 embossed papers, plus scraps.
My cardstocks are also black white and grey.
One is textural with embossed spots.
I've added some last minute vellums and a couple more neutral papers, plus Bo Bunny neutrals flowers and a muslin flower I made.

So I do have the pink, aqua and orange in there but in small doses.

My embellishments reflect the kit
*Black & white twine
*several rolls of washi in matching colours, including silver sparkly.

*Lots of black white & silver ribbons, plus an orange music and orange striped one. A few flowers.

* a black & white cameo, black boots embellishment, white & black flair
* black & white letter tiles
*black, white, silver and orange inks
*Chalkboard stickers
*black white & silver keys
* punched flowers, shapes, arrows
*black & white library pockets
* keys (I feel some 21st cards coming on).
*assorted brads as needed
I've added some vellum shapes which are punched or cut freehand.
More about that when I actually use them.

And my alphas

The white ones on the right are the do-it-yourself ones.


Any resemblance to the original is Purely Coincidental,  thus the name of this kit.

Now here is the order of our blog hop.

Guest Designer: Sharon!  Scrapping Granny





Julene:  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com (YOU ARE HERE)









 


12 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice! I like that you started with B&W. Me too and that's where the resemblance stops ha ha! Great job on bringing in the individual elements of the kit - colours, patterns and product type - but still making a kit that is very much you and will clearly produce some wonderful pages!

Angela Toucan said...

that kit is my kind of kit. Have fun with that.
blessings

Margie said...

I love it! The doilies are fab-I love how you changed it up to make it your own!

Susanne said...

How fun to see your take on the kit. I think you will get lots of memorable pages from it, and that will not be a coincidence.

Clair said...

I'm loving how each of the MF kits are all so different this time around - and all from the same starting point! Love this monochromatic style kit!

LCSmithSAVED said...

LOVE the name, lol! As always it's a nice big juicy kit. I know we will see most of what's in here this month. I'm watching for the orange music ribbon :D

sassyscrapper said...

You title made me LOL! Very clever! I'll be interested to see how you use those keys - a unique addition. Happy Scrapping!

Tina Campbell said...

Cool looking kit :) I like that you drowned down the colors a bit and the addition of the silver too. Love the vellum and that acually helps me to think oh I have vellum in those colors that I will need to add to mine (thank you for that inspiration :) Looking forward to seeing what you create with it

Sharon said...

Nice kit. Love the neutral colors. Can't wait to see your pages.

Jimjams said...

Love how you've swapped the gold for silver ... great idea!

Susan said...

I like the way you took the inspiration kit and made up your counterfeit with things that you like and know you will use. And it's nice to see silver for a change instead of gold too.

Vikki said...

I love the way you made this work for you! I think its fabulous!