Friday 17 July 2015

Card time at Feeling Sketchy and Case this sketch


At http://feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com.au/ here is the sketch.
This morning after doing the last layout I realised that I had many of those strips along the bottom of scrapbooking papers.
I've decided to use some on this card by creating the rectangle part of it. I adhered them side by side then Used a border strip from Kaisercraft's Blue Bay range top and bottom.
Next I've used a ruby-rock-it sticker flower and brackets.
The sentiment is also cut from a border strip.
I finished it with a co-ordinating enamel dot.

 
At Case this sketch there is a sketch looking like this
 
 
 
With this freezing weather we are experiencing I'm dreaming of summer.
I found this picture in an old childhood book I used to love .
After fussy cutting around it I created this simple card.
 

11 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Leigh Penner said...

Great takes on the sketches!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Oh, how I love the image from your childhood book - how creative!

LisaM said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining as at Feeling Sketchy!

Unknown said...

Great cards. Thanks for joining us ~ Michelle FS DT

Lori said...

That's a great way to use up those cutaway strips! Both of your cards are great! Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

Susanne said...

Great cards, I really like the softness of that first one.

Kay Wallace said...

Love your stripes on this card, Julene! Thanks for playing along with with the Feeling Sketchy DT!

Life in Colors said...

Lovely card, love the soft colors on it. Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy !

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Beautiful card Julene! Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy!!

Hugs
Cathy
Feeling Sketchy

Granmargaret said...

Congratulations on being one of the top 3 at Feeling Sketchy