Sunday 14 February 2016

The Memory Nest




I've used this sketch at The Memory Nest to document a tree that dominates the township of Minnamurra. My cousins' house is right near there(about 3 houses away).
Walking to the shop you see it, to the beach you pass it and when driving you go around it to leave and enter town. It is a landmark.

My background paper is Bella.
The bird fits the tree idea.
The other spotted paper and large pocket are from Simple stories "Take a hike".
I've left my journaling blank. my cousin is better equipped to tell about the tree.
There is also a Cedar lane arrow on here, plus some leafy washi tape.

6 comments:

Trish said...

Great idea Julene

Granmargaret said...

Lovely layout.

Jane said...

Fab use of the Memory Nest sketch. Love that pocket to hold the journalling, wondering why I've never thought to add Simple Stories pockets myself. Thanks for sharing at tMN.

Susanne said...

Great page. We have an historic tree in our town too, I have often thought of stopping to snap a picture and tell it's story. Maybe this spring.

Lori said...

Very pretty layout!Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at TMN!

Leslie Germain said...

Such a pretty layout and love how you used the elements from the sketch!! Thanks you for playing along with us at tMN!!! Hope you will join us again.