Thursday 3 March 2016

Show us your stuff



This month at Show us your stuff they are using a sketch challenge.

We, of course, are asked to add a handmade item.
The arrow from Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection would have to have been handmade as I can't imagine a machine tying string around a toothpick. However, I have also cut around  the vellum flowers as I don't own any punches. They were traced from a punched flower I had.

I've used strips cut from the bottom of patterned papers as my background.
I misted those with Kaisercraft's  pink irradescent shimmer mist.
Instead of a 2nd photo, I used a tag I made with a rub on.
I've also added Studio calico cameras and Kaiser brads.

I do love camellias. They are such delicate flowers.

6 comments:

Susanne said...

Love the touch of spritz to this!

Sandra said...

I quite like that idea of using the cut off strips of patterned paper from the bottom of 12 x 12 sheets - there are some really nice designs, great idea. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Deena said...

Such a clever idea tracing around punched out flowers, thank you for joining the challenge at SUYS

Creative Craft Retreat said...

Great LO, thanks for playing along - i love your shots of spritz and strips of PP. :)

Unknown said...

Cool idea using the strips of pp through the middle of the layout, instead of down the outsides! Very clever! Thanks for playing along at SUYS! :)

Alison said...

I love camellias too, so pretty! And such a pretty LO, great idea to use the paper strips. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS.