Monday 12 February 2018

Off the rails



I chose the most colourful photo I had for Off the Rails this month. It is of a parrot at the birdlife park in Cairns.

The background of my layout is a bright turquoise blue. (Scanner makes it paler).
I put gesso through a mask to make white shapes. The surrounding paper was white so I've used cut off strips to frame the layout.
I've also misted with white but that is harder to see.
I matted my photo on bright orange paper then added a torn strip of corrugated card.There is also a chipboard circle.



9 comments:

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Fabulous page Julene. I love that your inspiration led you to a bright picture - great idea.
Thanks for joining in at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.
Louise xo

Trish.A said...

Loving your interpretation of this challenge...thanks for playing with us at Off the Rails.

Deb said...

Colour - tick. Texture - tick. Fabulous interpretation of our challenge, Julene. Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails. Deb xx

The Gov. said...

Fun photo and love all the texture on this page. Thanks for joining us at OTR.

Rosemary Hanson said...

you have smashed the moodboard with this one Julene! the photo is perfect and the colour and texture fit the bill! thanks for joining us at Off The Rails

Carole Wright said...

Hi Julene I love your work , another fabulous project, thank you for entering here at Off the Rails x

Carole Wright said...

By the way I have become a new follower and would love it if you could follow me back! http://theprettypaperpatisserie.blogspot.co.uk/

CathQuillScrap said...

Lovely layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

Unknown said...

lovely layout. love how you use the corrugated board. thanks for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.